PLEASE SEE CLASSES PAGE FOR SCHEDULE
Do you want to be both stronger and more flexible- to experience a more limber and calmer version of yourself?
Yoga, the art of mind-body connection, can be done by everybody at any age. No matter your body type, experience, religion, life philosophy or lack thereof, yoga can improve your self-understanding, your health and even your relationships!
In many ways, yoga is something we naturally do – at some point in your class, you might think “I’ve done this before or I’ve felt this way before!”. And, you probably have…especially when you were a child or in a very aligned, blissful moment. Yoga moves your body in ways that releases tension and restores its original fluidity, letting go of the tightness and resistance you’ve acquired. Connecting the mind, the breath and the body allows the mind to release tension and let go of worries.
No two people are the same and we all start yoga as we are (no matter our flexibility or physical endurance) and develop our practice (our selves) from there. Come as you are and enjoy being who you are. Some of my classes have a more serious bent while others are lighter, a bit more fun. Our lives are an evolution and so is our yoga practice. Sometimes we need quiet and depth and other times we need to lighten up and not take ourselves so seriously.
“May all beings find happiness, may all be free of disease, may all see what is auspicious, may no one suffer, OM peace, peace, peace.”
Arthur -Home Studio
- See classes page for classes during the week at the Home Studio in Arthur
Introduction to Yoga, a 3-week course. This course is for anyone is has never done yoga before OR who wants more knowledge about the bigger picture of yoga. We cover a little bit of history and are introduced to the various styles of yoga. We will practice the more common poses so that when you go to a class you will have an idea what is being done. And, we will discuss what might be a good style for your goals and various teachers and classes in the area. 1 person = $99 / 2 people = $60 each / 3 people = $40 each.
PICK YOUR OWN TIME, BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!! We have a small studio here so if you want a class time that is not on the schedule currently, there is the possibility of setting your own time by bringing your friends.
Fergus – Melville Church and Victoria Park Centre
- See classes page for classes during the week in Fergus
If you have any questions, please feel contact me. I would love to speak with you. The depth of the practice is up to you. I will always offer modifications for poses and encourage each person to work at their own pace. That may be to ease off and modify postures some days or to challenge yourself other days. I am happy to welcome you to my classes.
Classes described by a student:
Tips for practicing yoga
- Do not eat a heavy meal for at least two hours before class.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to allow for freedom of movement and comfort.
- Please avoid wearing heavily perfumed products to class.
- If you need to leave early, please do so before we enter final relaxation (savasana).
- Please honor the practice as well as your body – do not force postures. Pain is not part of yoga. There is no benefit to trying to force your body to do more than it is ready to do. As well, some days we can be tired or feeling more quiet than other days. Honor where you are today. That also includes allowing yourself to challenge your limits when appropriate.
- No two people are alike – this is your practice. We meet as a group but your attention is on your own experience.
- Remember: Yoga is a Practice, not a Performance